Car travel

If you need to use your car, consider joining the University’s car share scheme or make use of the city’s Park & Ride service with an interest-free loan to buy a parking permit.

If you want to use a University parking space, you will need to apply for a permit via your department. We allocate permits on the basis of need and, with the exception of Blue Badge holders, there is a charge. There is also help available for staff with temporary impairments.

We also encourage staff to choose an electric vehicle over petrol or diesel and are working to provide charging points in the city centre and other locations across the Estate during 2019. You can also access government incentives and discount schemes to buy home charging units.

Contact us

Sustainable Travel team

+44 (0) 1865 2 88782